With the Lucid Meetings Outlook Add-in, you can schedule and update meetings in Lucid directly from your Microsoft Outlook calendar. You must have Room Manager access in at least one Lucid meeting room to use this feature.
About this Integration
When you use the Lucid Meetings Outlook add-in, you can schedule Lucid Meetings from the task pane in your Outlook calendar. These fields from Outlook are used for the meeting in Lucid:
- Meeting name
- Attendees (based on email address)
- Date and time
- Repeat settings
You select the room and meeting template to use within the task pane of the add-in.
To Install the Outlook Add-in:
This add-in is available from Microsoft's AppSource. Select the "Get Add-ins" icon in Outlook, then search for Lucid Meetings to find the Lucid Meetings for Outlook add-in.
To Schedule a Lucid Meeting from Outlook:
- Open the add-in:
The first time you use the add-in, you will be prompted to authorize it to use your Lucid account.
- Select the Room and Meeting Template you want to use, then click Create Lucid Meeting:
- A summary of the Lucid meeting will appear in the task pane, and details about joining the meeting are added to the description of the event in Outlook:
To Update a Lucid Meeting from Your Outlook Calendar:
Open the add-in and click Update Lucid Meeting to update the Lucid meeting from your Outlook event.
Note that the add-in does not establish automatic updates between Outlook and Lucid Meetings. If you modify a meeting in Outlook, you must click the "Update Lucid" button to transmit the changes to Lucid. If you make changes in Lucid, they will not be transmitted to Outlook. (We plan to add automatic updates in a future version.)
Coming Soon: Automatic Updates (Synchronization)
In an upcoming release, we will support automatic synchronization between Outlook and Lucid Meetings:
- Changes made in Outlook will automatically be made to the Lucid meeting, after a brief delay. (You will still have the option of explicitly updating a meeting by clicking "Update Lucid Meeting.)
- Changes made in Lucid will automatically update your Outlook event, causing Outlook to email updates to attendees.
- When you authorize the add-in, you will also be prompted to authorize Lucid Meetings to access your Outlook calendar. It may be necessary for an administrator to approve this for your Microsoft 365 or Exchange installation.
- Synchronization will be supported only for meetings in organizations with paid subscriptions.